Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let's Get This Party Started!

This is a quick introduction to who I am, what this blog will be about, and to give you an opportunity to say Hi, post comments, or make suggestions as I go along my way.


I am a 27-year-old female, wife, mother of 2 girls, and a student nurse going to college at the university where I live. I've been in school for four years now, learning a lot both academically and not along the way. I have many experiences, thoughts, and feelings regarding the individual and the family that I hope to share. I've seen things that still haunt and bother me, and thus have been inspired to write frank passages and "articles" in hopes to reach one person to prevent if just one person from having to experience the same thing.


I'm educated and opinionated, not always the best combination, but even so I know that I am far from knowing everything. When possible I will try to cite articles or refer to more "official" sources that can either validate what I say, or give you enough information to make your own educated conclusion.


If there is anything I can hope to relay to my audience it is this: educate yourself and be a healthy skeptic- for this is how you can best advocate for yourself. Never accept things at face value. Do not be blinded by fancy titles and words. Don't always believe what you think!

No comments: